Welcome to the Away From Home Recipe Book Giveaway!
Hosted by Coupon Crazy Sisters!
Sponsored by Extended Stay America
This giveaway Ends 10/13 HURRY!!
Looking for ways to SAVE money while traveling for the holidays this year? Than you have come to the right place. Enjoying a home cooked meal while away from home has never been easier. It starts with having a fully equipped kitchen in your room at Extended Stay America. With contributions from Food Network Host, Sunny Anderson, we bring you easy-to-prepare recipes in our new “Away from Home Cooking” cookbook.
Five Lucky readers will get the chance to win the Away From Home Cooking cook book. Enter to win on the Rafflecopter Below. Good luck!
About Extended Stay America
- Extended Stay America, Inc., the largest owner/operator of company-branded hotels in North America, owns and operates 682 hotels in the U.S. and Canada comprising approximately 76,000 rooms and employs approximately 10,000 employees in its hotel properties and headquarters. The Company owns and operates hotels under the core brand Extended Stay America®, which serves the mid-priced extended stay segment, and other brands. Visit www.extendedstay.com for more information about the Company and its services. Visit the ExtendedStayAmerican Facebook page for some social news.
About Sunny Anderson
- Sunny Anderson hosts Food Network’s newest show The Kitchen as well as Cooking For Real. After years of cooking for her music industry friends, she started catering while a DJ at New York City’s HOT 97, and became the food and lifestyle editor at Hip Hop Weekly. Sunny appears regularly on the Rachael Ray Show and the Today Show, is a contributor to O, The Oprah Magazine’s food section, and is often in Food Network Magazine, Essence, and People. Sunny’s first cookbook Sunny’s Kitchen: Easy Food for Real Life hit stores Sept. 17, 2013 and reached the New York Time’s bestseller list just 10 days later. Sunny lives in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Extended Stay America encourages cooks of all kinds to visit AwayFromHomeCoo
Take at look at the winning recipe for the Extended Stay American Cooking Contest
EXTENDED STAY AMERICA’S AWAR FROM HOME COOKING CONTEST
AND THE WINNER IS… BAJA FISH TACO TORTAS WITH SMOKY CILANTRO SLAW
CONTEST WINNER – LAUREN WYLER, TEXAS
2 cups shredded cabbage mix
2 Tablespoons ranch dressing
1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
2 ripe avocados, peeled and pit removed
4 Tablespoons salsa verde
1 pound cod
1 teaspoon cumin
4 torta or bolillo rolls, split in half
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine the shredded cabbage, ranch dressing, hot sauce, chopped cilantro and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir until the slaw is well mixed.
2. In a small bowl place the peeled avocado, salsa verde and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a fork, roughly mash and mix together.
3. Cut the lime in half. Take one of the halves and cut it into wedges to serve with the finished tort as.
4. Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. While the pan is heating sprinkle the cod with the cumin, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. When the oil is hot, add the fish to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip the fish and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and is opaque. Remove the pan from the heat and squeeze the half of lime over the fish.
5. To assemble, place the halved torta rolls on each plate. Spread each of the torta bottom evenly with the avocado spread, divide the fish evenly between each and then top each with the slaw. Serve with lime wedges.
To see highlights from the contest view the video below
OK now for the FUN!! We are going to have 5 winners so make sure you enter in the rafflecopter below and Good Luck!!
Giveaway starts 10/3 and ends 10/13!
Disclosure: This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. By entering this giveaway, you understand that it is no way affiliated with Facebook and release them from any liability. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor. A winner will be chosen via random(dot)org .